Monday 3 January 2011

Being with the Unknown

Pisac, The Sacred Valley, Peru.

Sometimes traveling is confusing. Illness or tiredness can blurr the vision of what brought one to a particular country. I have learned over many years that seldom if ever am I in a foregin country for the reason I think.

And so it's happening again.

What now ? What next ?

I have about two weeks left.

Exhaustion. Altitude sickness taking ages to wear off. Concerns about two young Peruvian friends who are in touble here, one in prison, the other separated from his wife and child. Christian's case will not be reviewed until April. The prison is grim beyound discription. My other friend feels lost to me.

Wonderful encounters along the way though with angels ( taxi drivers, steet sellers , clowns, ) who guide me to safe heavens.
The huge love I feel for the indigenious people here in Peru gets stronger and stronger. A nurse told me the childrens rosy cheeks are not just a sign of wind burn, but a sign of beauty. At birth the baby's cheecks are rubbed with the mothers blood.

Feeling very sad I haven't managed to get to Bolivia.

Confusion I once read is a good place to be. It's a thresholds, a stageing post, what has been has ended and what is to come is transpiring, finding a way to arrive, to manifest.

When the body and especially the mind is tired, the spiritual path can feel unreal. But I remind myself the bigger picture is always in place. It never leaves us, I am convinced of this. Jermiah 29.11. 'For I know the plans I have for you' says the Lord.

Often in these moments, hours, or days of not knowing what's happening, beautiful syncronicitous things can come our way, beautiful like humming birds hovering in front of us, or exciting like flocks of wild geese flying fast though a wild valley.

Wisdom is the art of being courageous and generous with the unknown.

John O'Donohue

1 comment:

  1. Your comments are a huge comfort to others who might be feeling just the same. You are a true inspiration and marry so well with the beautiful Mr O'Donohue who is sadly missed. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Belonging Beyond Borders

April 2024 Hi friends, sorry for the long silence ! Lots of new ideas brewing... retreats here in Spain.. a podcast... two new Blurb books a...