Friday 19 August 2011

Voyages of discovery



The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.

Marcel Proust




“There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception”

Aldous Huxley




Sometimes life just doesn't make any sense. Sometimes quotes don't hit the spot. Sometimes I forget how blessed I am. Sometimes it's all so overwhelmingly beautiful I can hardly bear it. Sometimes I forget. Yes, sometimes I forget what I just said or thought. Always, I know I am never alone, and where I'm going next is one place nearer to home. My grandson started school yesterday. By best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday. I went to the supermarket to buy bulk toilet rolls. But first I sat on the side of the mountain at daybreak, and prayed.

1 comment:

  1. The depth of this post oozes out of the gaps of what's left unsaid. Know that there are others covering your back Meg, sitting invisibly beside you, wrapping their love round you like a cloak of the finest silk to keep your bones warm, your soul supported and your heart touched. as you embrace your side of the mountain.

    ReplyDelete

Belonging Beyond Borders

April 2024 Hi friends, sorry for the long silence ! Lots of new ideas brewing... retreats here in Spain.. a podcast... two new Blurb books a...