Wednesday 21 December 2011

Becoming yourself



'You have to make mistakes to find out who you aren’t. You take the action, and the insight follows: You don’t think your way into becoming yourself...

To love yourself as you are is a miracle, and to seek yourself is to have found yourself, for now. And now is all we have, and love is who we are.'
Anne Lamott.



Photos by Cristian Calderon.
To read the whole article by Anne,visit Ian Lawton at his www.soulseeds .com




Also from soulseeds.com...


Vietnamese Zen Teacher Thich Nhat Hahn offers this reminder:

“Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful speech . . . I vow to cultivate loving speech. Knowing that words can create happiness or suffering . . . I vow to learn to speak truthfully, with words that inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope. I am determined not to spread news that I do not know to be certain, and not to criticize or condemn things of which I am not sure. I will refrain from uttering words that can cause division or discord, or that can cause the family or community to break.”

Thank you Ian, your website is truly inspirational, that's why I'm sharing these extracts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Belonging Beyond Borders

April 2024 Hi friends, sorry for the long silence ! Lots of new ideas brewing... retreats here in Spain.. a podcast... two new Blurb books a...