Skip to main content

Feliz sábado amig@s.


Feliz sábado amig@s.  It's Día de Andalucía !
It’s been another amazing day.




It's been a  cake, chat, and choto day.  What's a choto?  A choto is a baby goat in Spanish. 

At the end of each day, well almost every day,  I like to remember one outstanding thing that has touched my heart, and use it as a  spring board, a mantra for the next day. 

A few days ago the trigger was  hearing the Jesuit intention to 'be alive to the present.'

To be fully alive to the present moment takes me from auto pilot, to following the inner compass, to being drawn by my star.  Challenging, 'cos it's so easy to forget good intentions, especially when  bad news  get stuck to every cell in your being.

So, today it’s been a day about delicious cakes, very sad news, baby goats, and more. All of these have rocked the inner GPS.  Which one  will make tomorrows good intention/ mantra?

After the sun has set, any rogue, lingering negative thoughts need to get zapped.  They will  be  compassionately encouraged to leave, before the bedside light goes out.

How do I do this?  I don’t.  I ask (The Universe) for it to be done for me, in a way that will change my body's chemistry.  I don't want to end any day feeling spooked.

So, this morning, Dia de Andalucía, it's a public holiday. It's a lovely warm sunny day. I viewed a possible new place to stay, and then waded though many raw emotions as a result of listening to an acquaintances sad story. Hearing about other peoples very bad cancer news is traumatic. 

Maybe that’s why I then easily ate 3 pieces of delicious cake- sticky toffee - bread pudding cake, and a piece of shortbread at the fund raising coffee morning in the beautiful posada ( originally a staging inn) in Orgiva.



All  the goodies were sugar laden  and of course utterly delicious.  The company was great, the cause very worthwhile, but by 4pm I was feeling yuk!

So, I drove to the Rico Sucio (passed bar Venta Maria) and began to walk up the track.  I’d never walked there before.

Almost immediately I came across a  herd of goats, and almost immediately, for a few minutes,  I became  part of a little drama.  A mother goat had just given birth to three babies and was trying to birth a fourth.  One of her new borns sat shivering on the grass.  He was the  first born the goatherd told me later, so he’s tonto (stupid) he said.  
The other two were  trying to stand up, and comically falling all over the place.  The  30 something year old goatherd  was on his mobile phone, ignoring the birthing drama.

I watched in awe. Many conflicting feelings shot though my heart. Knowing nothing about the birthing of chotos, I decided to continue walking.  Maybe it’s all normal I thought, the fourth kid hanging out of it’s mother rear end, in its amniotic sack,  black, motionless and dead looking.   Is the goat heard just giving her time?

When I retuned 15 minutes later, yes I know, a very short  walk, a grandmother, her son and a grandson approached the new borns.  The grandmother was beaming, radiating pure  delight as she explained to her  6 year old grandson the miracle of the chotos births. The fourth  baby goat was nowhere to be seen.

Witnessing the new life and the joy on the grandmother face changed my body’s chemistry.  I got  exactly what I needed.  My  deep sadness  re the friends  cancer news was zapped, and my day slipped into a new perspective.  I drove off in my car with joy and awe waltzing  in every cell of my being.

So, I'm choosing to remember the alegria of today, and give the tragedy to The Gods, to the angels, and all our unseen helpers. These are the best hands to hold anybody's cancer.

Buenas noches queridos amigos.

May your sleep be as sweet as an angles kiss.

Tomorrows mantra ?

Let go and Let God.

 

Comments

  1. Poignant - inspiring and joyful - Thank you Meg you are a shining star and I love you <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's official ! Build Creative Confidence. A holiday course in Spain.

        It's official !    Here's the link to my course at the beautiful Cortijo Romero Center in Andalucia Spain -              February 25th to March  4th 2023.                                                 'Build Creative Confidence '  With the guidance of the marketing manager, we've changed the wording of the Creativity week  I shared with you recently, to fit  more with their  guidelines. It will be a fun and fascinating week because  with all the gifts you will bring with you ...co creation always happens, and we learn lots from each other as a group. There will be a max of 10 people I believe I'm not going to be telling you what to do! I'm planning to open many doors for you by sharing forty years of experimenting, and keeping a drawing dairy for much of that time. https://www.cortijo-romero.co.uk/choose-your-course/courses/?type=&id=2734&name=Building+Creative+Confidence

Stop-Expecting-Too-Much-from-People, Mrs!

At the end of a radio interview when  69 year old , Jewish, Hungarian born Canadian physician  Gabor Mate was asked ‘ is there more love in your life now?’  he paused. ‘I think there is more space in my heart for love,’  he said quietly.  I think  there is more space in our hearts for love when we pass 60. What we do with that space depends on lots of things. And sometimes that space shuts down ! This morning I was deeply disappointed with our village doctor, again. My heart door slammed shut. There seems to be  a Berlin Wall  wall between us. I cannot communicate with him without judging him, severely.   He speaks to me like I'm a teenager with many serious learning challenges. I see in front of me an  arrogant adolescent with mother issues!  LOL !! I thought I'd stopped judging people !! I'm angry that so many folk in our village seem to suffer, month after  month, year after year. Yes I know the  difference between healing and curing.  A kind encourag

Lithuania Calling.

Dear loyal multinational followers, Thank you for keeping on visiting while I've been silent for so many weeks. How does anybody manage a daily blog?? I couldn't. At the moment I've got kittens and chickens and a blind cockerel  to feed, as well as drawings to draw, adventures to live, and so much more. Since starting the blog,  thousands of you  in the US have visited (so love these statistics), and more than five thousand Russians and Ukrainians have looked at my paintings here. Why so many visitors from Russia?  I'm thinking you must be 'resonating' with something in my art , but I doubt many of you are  reading the posts. Of course I could be wrong. I've just discovered my Jewish father's ancestors came from your countries -  Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania and also Poland. What a surprise. Oh bliss and double joy to know this at last!   All my life I'd  had a suspicion about Poland.  Maybe it was just  poetic wishful thinking