Skip to main content

Awesome Saturday.

Awesome Saturday.






Today, I enjoyed a celebratory lunch at the beach with a dear friend.  The  restauarnt was jam packed.  At least six waiters sprinted in and out of the kitchen. One dropped a wine glass.  Some tables  were  inside, most were outside on the beach. The sea was calm.  There was no wind. January on the beach.  Incredible !

All the best tables were taken or reserved.  A scribbled note on the corner of the paper tablecloth proved the reservation - Alfredo- 14.30- Lecrin, Maria 15.00,Velez, etc.

Could we separate these two tables I asked the head waiter?  Hummm was the reply.  Great.  We got the last seats, inside.
The sun shone. The large elderly senora  at the next table, accompanied by  two men and a young woman, somehow managed to eat paella without losing her bright orange lipstick.

After sharing a creme caramel with my friend of 18 years, we headed for Lidel, and cat food.

Not having cats, I bought a posh toothbrush  along with  some organic chocolate and a pair of turquoise pyjamas for going into hospital. I don’t think I’ve  worn pyjamas since I was ten.  We then had a leisurely nose around the Chinese shop in Salobrena buying exciting things we both really needed.  Yes honestly, we both really did need these enchanting little 'things!' 

Then finally at about 5pm , we drove home through the awesome gorge.
That’s the very best word I can think of, I told my Dutch friend.  Awesome. It’s a Truly Awesome Gorge.



The world felt new. The word felt new. The wind was gentle. The majestic peaks of the high Sierra Nevada dominated the far distance.  Strong winter sunshine illuminated the tall bamboo and ancient eucalyptus trees swaying gracefully beside the river. The gorge enveloped us.  Everything living thing seemed to be  shimmering and pulsating .  Every little cell in my body was shouting hooray and thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

As if that wasn’t enough excitement, my friend then really  surprised me.  She took me to see a house which may be for sale.  You gota have a house with a view she said. She knew I was house hunting.

Well ! This has to be a historic day.  I literally found the house of my dreams.

And it had a view, and a huge studio -without a roof, yet.  It's an unfinished house, that's perfect. Sadly it’s not in the right place though.

But that doesn’t matter.  I've had a glimpse into my future just as I release my own house to two lovely people who will rent it for a year.  I've seen my new dream for the first time in three dimensions.


 May we all see our dreams manifest in the most wonderfully unexpected ways.

Life after chemo, chapter 2 begins.

PS.  The  verb 'to nose' is used in Scotland  to  mean to ‘have a bit of a sneaky look around !’  Some people say ‘let’s have a nosey parker here, or let’s have a nosey over there!






Which reminds me.  A 12 year old Moroccan boy in Marrakesh  25 years ago said: Good morning Mr and Mrs, I be your guide today thank you.  You like to come shuffty to our Marks and Spencer’s (the medina), or you prefer have a nosy  around the ruins !!!!! Needless to say this extraordinary little being became out best friend for the next six days. And come to think of it, he saved us from a stabbing !!







Photos thanks to Pinterest.  The blue drawing is mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's official ! Build Creative Confidence. A holiday course in Spain.

        It's official !    Here's the link to my course at the beautiful Cortijo Romero Center in Andalucia Spain -              February 25th to March  4th 2023.                                                 'Build Creative Confidence '  With the guidance of the marketing manager, we've changed the wording of the Creativity week  I shared with you recently, to fit  more with their  guidelines. It will be a fun and fascinating week because  with all the gifts you will bring with you ...co creation always happens, and we learn lots from each other as a group. There will be a max of 10 people I believe I'm not going to be telling you what to do! I'm planning to open many doors for you by sharing forty years of experimenting, and keeping a drawing dairy for much of that time. https://www.cortijo-romero.co.uk/choose-your-course/courses/?type=&id=2734&name=Building+Creative+Confidence

Stop-Expecting-Too-Much-from-People, Mrs!

At the end of a radio interview when  69 year old , Jewish, Hungarian born Canadian physician  Gabor Mate was asked ‘ is there more love in your life now?’  he paused. ‘I think there is more space in my heart for love,’  he said quietly.  I think  there is more space in our hearts for love when we pass 60. What we do with that space depends on lots of things. And sometimes that space shuts down ! This morning I was deeply disappointed with our village doctor, again. My heart door slammed shut. There seems to be  a Berlin Wall  wall between us. I cannot communicate with him without judging him, severely.   He speaks to me like I'm a teenager with many serious learning challenges. I see in front of me an  arrogant adolescent with mother issues!  LOL !! I thought I'd stopped judging people !! I'm angry that so many folk in our village seem to suffer, month after  month, year after year. Yes I know the  difference between healing and curing.  A kind encourag

Lithuania Calling.

Dear loyal multinational followers, Thank you for keeping on visiting while I've been silent for so many weeks. How does anybody manage a daily blog?? I couldn't. At the moment I've got kittens and chickens and a blind cockerel  to feed, as well as drawings to draw, adventures to live, and so much more. Since starting the blog,  thousands of you  in the US have visited (so love these statistics), and more than five thousand Russians and Ukrainians have looked at my paintings here. Why so many visitors from Russia?  I'm thinking you must be 'resonating' with something in my art , but I doubt many of you are  reading the posts. Of course I could be wrong. I've just discovered my Jewish father's ancestors came from your countries -  Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania and also Poland. What a surprise. Oh bliss and double joy to know this at last!   All my life I'd  had a suspicion about Poland.  Maybe it was just  poetic wishful thinking