Monday 11 January 2016

Doctor Don Claudio says...





With considerable seriousness, bearded Don Claudio, the orthopaedic surgeon, asked me today if I was aware of the risks of having a hip operation.

 As the interview developed  we witnessed an experienced doctor showing kindness, interest, and humour.  He spent  most of our time together time looking directly at me and Maria, asking many questions, and listening attentively to the answers.  I was amazed.




  In the car coming home  we discussed every part of the morning.  The  rough  nurse in the x-ray department- did you hear me scream  4 times I asked Maria?  No, she said, that’s why they have  thick  double doors! 

 The visit to the chemo ward, to change the time of the next check-up for the little implant ,was highlighted by  the lovely welcome from the head nurse.  She jumped up from her desk and kissed me. Are you Ok  were her first words.



And as we wound our way home though the pine forest with the sea behind us and the mountains in front, I nearly drove off the side of the road.  Did he really say that I blurted.

Yes, said Maria, he’s putting you high up on the waiting list, it’s urgent, and the meeting with the anaesthetist is for next week.

Watch this space !!!!



First two drawings are mine, ceramic artwrok thanks to Pinterest,  Mona Lisa having a siesta, thanks to Pinterest also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Belonging Beyond Borders

April 2024 Hi friends, sorry for the long silence ! Lots of new ideas brewing... retreats here in Spain.. a podcast... two new Blurb books a...