Tuesday 7 March 2017

Reaching a milestone.

Maravillosa noticia hoy de la cariñosa oncóloga…estoy limpia, 22 meses en remisión!! Y siempre después de dándome la noticia ,ella me da un beso.
Mis hijos y mis nietos en Escocia están muy felices, y yo tambien!!!





A wonderful instant reply from son number 2 in Scotland to the great news from the oncologist today. All clear again! 22 months in remission after a no hope prognosis. Never say never friends !!



So grateful to all my very dear friends for your love and support. And the icing on the cake, the oncology visits will now be every 3 months, not 2.

We've reached a milestone!

'You'll have the summer free,' said the lovely young lady oncologist as she gave me a parting kiss, as usual !



Yesterday almost 1000 people went on a walk around our local town in aid of cancer , not sure if it was for research or just in support of people dealing with this illness. It was deeply touching and humbling to see them walking beside the eucalyptus forest,hundreds and hundreds of them, so many people concerned about cancer in one way or another.




In the accompanying ambulance I saw my doctor Don Juan. Normally he is very serious and screws up his face when he listens to my Spanish. He rarely smiles. Yesterday he waved and absolutely beamed at me, which brought tears to my eyes, and still does.



Cancer is an extraordinary camino, it brings so very many unexpected gifts.


Photos thanks to Pinterest, art work, I'm sorry I have lost the names of the two  artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Belonging Beyond Borders

April 2024 Hi friends, sorry for the long silence ! Lots of new ideas brewing... retreats here in Spain.. a podcast... two new Blurb books a...