Javi and San Cecilio
I’m learning a lot about Grace, and Kindness. This morning at 6.30am, we left my house and arrived an hour later at San Cecilio hospital in Granada. I thought I was going for an X-ray for a throat condition, but it turned out to be a bit of an endurance test, with some moments of pure pantomime, and unexpected joy. First was the blood test in the hospital basement at 8am, well, 8.30 actually. We waited an hour. The Spanish have a strong sense of right and wrong when it comes to queueing, and if somebody jumps the queue, as a woman did, they don’t actually challenge them, but they don’t like it. This little bit of questionable behaviour brought about an instant unity, black humour, and the most wonderful range of facial gestures amongst those of us waiting. People showed their true colours. Eyebrows shot up and down. Javier and I are about number 10 in the queue....
Comments
Post a Comment