I’m learning a lot about Grace, and Kindness. This morning at 6.30am, we left my house and arrived an hour later at San Cecilio hospital in Granada. I thought I was going for an X-ray for a throat condition, but it turned out to be a bit of an endurance test, with some moments of pure pantomime, and unexpected joy. First was the blood test in the hospital basement at 8am, well, 8.30 actually. We waited an hour. The Spanish have a strong sense of right and wrong when it comes to queueing, and if somebody jumps the queue, as a woman did, they don’t actually challenge them, but they don’t like it. This little bit of questionable behaviour brought about an instant unity, black humour, and the most wonderful range of facial gestures amongst those of us waiting. People showed their true colours. Eyebrows shot up and down. Javier and I are about number 10 in the queue....
The Toothbrushes That Never Arrived Post-op, now feels like the perfect time to begin sharing these stories. Last week, I shared something a new friend said: “You yearn to be helpful, to understand more deeply the mystical in the everyday. This is where the outer journey meets the inner one.” So yes. I’ve started writing. The American Toothbrushes, and the Wannabe Astronaut A Life Lesson Learned In 2008, I was on my way to Bolivia to meet Iván Nogales Bazán, the visionary behind Teatro Trono. But, as so often happens on the path of intuition, a quiet redirection changed everything. Through a chance introduction, I met Washi—a former street child mentored and sponsored, along with his four brothers, by the remarkable Dr. Sharon Forest, affectionately known as Mama Sharon (yes, Winston Churchill’s great-niece). Washi, now a young man with a higher education and an enormous heart, had founded a soup kitchen in his native village of Ollantaytambo, in Peru’s Sacred Valley....
Feliz sábado amig@s . It's Día de Andalucía ! It’s been another amazing day. It's been a cake, chat, and choto day. What's a c hoto? A choto is a baby goat in Spanish. At the end of each day, well almost every day, I like to remember one outstanding thing that has touched my heart, and use it as a spring board, a mantra for the next day. A few days ago the trigger was hearing the Jesuit intention to 'be alive to the present.' To be fully alive to the present moment takes me from auto pilot, to following the inner compass, to being drawn by my star. Challenging, 'cos it's so easy to forget good intentions, especially when bad news get stuck to every cell in your being. So, today it’s been a day about delicious cakes, very sad news, baby goats, and more. All of these have rocked the inner GPS. Which one will make tomorrows...
Comments
Post a Comment