Skip to main content

Without fear and illness



“Falling ill is not something that happens to us, it is a choice we make as a result of things happening to us”

Jonathan Miller.

Not everyone will agree with this.

“Without fear and illness, I could never have accomplished all I have.”

Edvard Munch

“Here is a mental treatment guaranteed to cure every ill that flesh is heir to: sit for half an hour every night and mentally forgive everyone against whom you have any ill will or antipathy”

Charles Fillmore




Just under four weeks now till I go back to Peru and Bolivia, and I've fallen under the spell of a virus.
A nasty virus.

I think I know why I've chosen this.
This is initially a very hard concept to accept. I almost always can see why others have got ill,what the illness allows them not to have to do, but it's hard to see and accept it in myself!

This virus, this 'spell' is allowing me the opportunity to see all my little ( and big ) fears about going to Bolivia, a very unstable country where traveling from A to B is not easy, and often dangerous. Antidotes to these fears are coming from unexpected sources, many from the Internet, many from waking dreams. I have a real mission to go there , linked to my screenplay, and thanks to this illness, I'm slowly getting the bigger picture.
I will get well!

And tonight I'll sit for half and hour ( realistically fifteen minutes) and forgive my neighbor for passing on her virus to me, through a kiss on the cheek. I will also forgive myself for being terrified of getting altitude sickness( again) in La Paz, and being eaten to death by misquotes in sub tropical Santa Cruz .



Para mis amigos bolivianos.
Este blog es difícil a traducir. Es sobre el concepto que debemos aceptar la responsabilidad para la creación o atracción de qualquier enfermedad. Creo que se enferman con el fin de aprender lo que necesitamos aprender. Y ese es siempre cosas de amor.

El lunes me puse muy enferma. Es simplemente un virus.
Tengo algunos temores acerca de mi próximo viaje a Perú y Bolivia. Tengo miedo de contraer la enfermedad de altura de nuevo en La Paz. Me doy cuenta de que tengo miedo de no ser capaz de adaptarse a un clima subtropical. Tengo miedo a los mosquitos
Así que ¿por qué voy a estos países?

Porque escucho mi voz interior que siempre me lleva en direcciones mágicos.

"Sin temor y de la enfermedad, yo nunca podría haber logrado todo lo que tengo."

Edvard Munch

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's official ! Build Creative Confidence. A holiday course in Spain.

        It's official !    Here's the link to my course at the beautiful Cortijo Romero Center in Andalucia Spain -              February 25th to March  4th 2023.                                                 'Build Creative Confidence '  With the guidance of the marketing manager, we've changed the wording of the Creativity week  I shared with you recently, to fit  more with their  guidelines. It will be a fun and fascinating week because  with all the gifts you will bring with you ...co creation always happens, and we learn lots from each other as a group. There will be a max of 10 people I believe I'm not going to be telling you what to do! I'm planning to open many doors for you by sharing forty years of experimenting, and keeping a drawing dairy for much of that time. https://www.cortijo-romero.co.uk/choose-your-course/courses/?type=&id=2734&name=Building+Creative+Confidence

Stop-Expecting-Too-Much-from-People, Mrs!

At the end of a radio interview when  69 year old , Jewish, Hungarian born Canadian physician  Gabor Mate was asked ‘ is there more love in your life now?’  he paused. ‘I think there is more space in my heart for love,’  he said quietly.  I think  there is more space in our hearts for love when we pass 60. What we do with that space depends on lots of things. And sometimes that space shuts down ! This morning I was deeply disappointed with our village doctor, again. My heart door slammed shut. There seems to be  a Berlin Wall  wall between us. I cannot communicate with him without judging him, severely.   He speaks to me like I'm a teenager with many serious learning challenges. I see in front of me an  arrogant adolescent with mother issues!  LOL !! I thought I'd stopped judging people !! I'm angry that so many folk in our village seem to suffer, month after  month, year after year. Yes I know the  difference between healing and curing.  A kind encourag

Lithuania Calling.

Dear loyal multinational followers, Thank you for keeping on visiting while I've been silent for so many weeks. How does anybody manage a daily blog?? I couldn't. At the moment I've got kittens and chickens and a blind cockerel  to feed, as well as drawings to draw, adventures to live, and so much more. Since starting the blog,  thousands of you  in the US have visited (so love these statistics), and more than five thousand Russians and Ukrainians have looked at my paintings here. Why so many visitors from Russia?  I'm thinking you must be 'resonating' with something in my art , but I doubt many of you are  reading the posts. Of course I could be wrong. I've just discovered my Jewish father's ancestors came from your countries -  Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania and also Poland. What a surprise. Oh bliss and double joy to know this at last!   All my life I'd  had a suspicion about Poland.  Maybe it was just  poetic wishful thinking