Skip to main content

Getting Better !


Tomorrow and Wednesday more chemo. Tomorrow the third meeting with the serious oncologist. I will not be driving myself to hospital this week (!), nor going by Mongolian school bus, great pic eh ?


Somebody asked me, in order to be so positive about cancer, does that mean you have to deny your feelings? The answer is definitely no. I can spook myself quickly and easily. It doesn’t happen often now, but it can happen. It happened on Saturday morning. I wrote about it in the blog, but was then shy to share it with you.

I did not like my oncologist when I first met him. He gave me no hope. I am working on meeting him with respect tomorrow. He is a scientist. I am an artist. Our minds and lives run on different tracks. He is doing his job, and I am finding wonderful ways to show him there can be more than one prognosis.



I am tired. I am happy. I’m home after 5 hours of chemo, a conversation with the extremely serious oncologist, and a blessing from the extremely shy hospital Chaplin. Two friends have just visited me an given me Reiki. I am blessed and am I am blissed.

During the drive home though the mountains I said to Merche, I don’t want to frighten you but I have to do something, so I wound down the window. We’d just had a celebratory lunch on the beach. The mist was so thick we couldn’t see the sea, but we could see hundreds of seagulls resting in a little lagoon.

‘I’m getting better I yelled out of the car window, I’M GETTING WELL!!!  Merche joined in with appropriate loud happy noises.

That’s what the oncologist said, not in a reluctant way because he has to backtrack now, but he said these very words, and there was a faint, a very faint smile. My heart soared and my mind went blank.

He hadn’t offered this information. After telling me in English what tests they had done and that the results were favourable, I asked, are you telling me I’m getting better? ‘Yes,’ he said quietly. ‘You are getting better.’ At this stage Merche joined the conversation and we switched to Spanish.

Too tired to write more except to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being with me on this journey. Your positive thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement, plus the whole village in the Andes in Peru who are praying for me every single day – thank you dear Padre Rene - are making miracles happen. Bless you and thank you one and all.
Love this quote: Ram Dass: "We're all just walking each other home."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's official ! Build Creative Confidence. A holiday course in Spain.

        It's official !    Here's the link to my course at the beautiful Cortijo Romero Center in Andalucia Spain -              February 25th to March  4th 2023.                                                 'Build Creative Confidence '  With the guidance of the marketing manager, we've changed the wording of the Creativity week  I shared with you recently, to fit  more with their  guidelines. It will be a fun and fascinating week because  with all the gifts you will bring with you ...co creation always happens, and we learn lots from each other as a group. There will be a max of 10 people I believe I'm not going to be telling you what to do! I'm planning to open many doors for you by sharing forty years of experimenting, and keeping a drawing dairy for much of that time. https://www.cortijo-romero.co.uk/choose-your-course/courses/?type=&id=2734&name=Building+Creative+Confidence

Stop-Expecting-Too-Much-from-People, Mrs!

At the end of a radio interview when  69 year old , Jewish, Hungarian born Canadian physician  Gabor Mate was asked ‘ is there more love in your life now?’  he paused. ‘I think there is more space in my heart for love,’  he said quietly.  I think  there is more space in our hearts for love when we pass 60. What we do with that space depends on lots of things. And sometimes that space shuts down ! This morning I was deeply disappointed with our village doctor, again. My heart door slammed shut. There seems to be  a Berlin Wall  wall between us. I cannot communicate with him without judging him, severely.   He speaks to me like I'm a teenager with many serious learning challenges. I see in front of me an  arrogant adolescent with mother issues!  LOL !! I thought I'd stopped judging people !! I'm angry that so many folk in our village seem to suffer, month after  month, year after year. Yes I know the  difference between healing and curing.  A kind encourag

Lithuania Calling.

Dear loyal multinational followers, Thank you for keeping on visiting while I've been silent for so many weeks. How does anybody manage a daily blog?? I couldn't. At the moment I've got kittens and chickens and a blind cockerel  to feed, as well as drawings to draw, adventures to live, and so much more. Since starting the blog,  thousands of you  in the US have visited (so love these statistics), and more than five thousand Russians and Ukrainians have looked at my paintings here. Why so many visitors from Russia?  I'm thinking you must be 'resonating' with something in my art , but I doubt many of you are  reading the posts. Of course I could be wrong. I've just discovered my Jewish father's ancestors came from your countries -  Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania and also Poland. What a surprise. Oh bliss and double joy to know this at last!   All my life I'd  had a suspicion about Poland.  Maybe it was just  poetic wishful thinking