Wednesday 25 March 2015

Truly truly Halleluiah.



After a sleepless night, I found the courage to ask busy Reyes (the head nurse) for advice on changing my oncologist. He and I don’t click I told her. That’s putting it mildly.

I must not harbour any negative thoughts or judgements in this healing journey. I know that.  In the middle of the night, I'd realised I really did not like this man.

Reyes said she’d talk to Rocio, the senior nurse for admin.

I told them  how he had given me no hope, how his words and raised eyebrows  had huanted me for 4 months. Are you telling me I'm not going to get better I had asked him during our first meeting.  His eyebrows had  moved towards his hiarline, and his mouth  had remained closed. 
What I need is  support I told Reyes, like the lady oncologist seems to give in bucketful’s.

I told Rocio about my work with disadvantaged  children in Bolivia and Peru. I said I'm not finsihed with that yet.  I thought she was going to cry.

An hour  later she returned and said it was  fixed! I have a new oncologist. A lady.  The one Encari has, the one who is understanding, kind and loving.

Halleluiah.  Truly, truly, Halleluiah.

Then I covered my face and silently wept till the tears stopped ! 





                                          It’s been a wonderful day, and it’s not over yet.

Above pics:  Christmas 2013. A group of Ivan Nogales young actors performing at  the infamous San Perdro prison, La Paz, Bolivia for the 350 kids who live there with their dads.  Now groups of these encarcerated children - all living at great risk in the jail - are  taking part in Ivan Nogales's  art center activitives once a week, thanks to our Chocolatada last year. There they can learn drumming, acting, dancing, painting and much more.  They are bussed from the prison to the arts center.  We need more money to continue this.

Pic 2. This little girl dancer I met in Bolivia in 2013.  Her's is a happy story of a uninted family.  Her parents have made a tiny cafe, sell delicious snacks, then dance beautifully for tourists who come to  visit the local Sunday market.  Note the little girls traditional shoes. They have cymbols attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Belonging Beyond Borders

April 2024 Hi friends, sorry for the long silence ! Lots of new ideas brewing... retreats here in Spain.. a podcast... two new Blurb books a...