Skip to main content

Two keys, Belgian chocolates and...


Two keys, Belgian chocolates and a waning moon.

Today I handed over the keys of my house to the Dutch couple who will rent it for a year.

We had lunch together yesterday. They brought me a gift of Belgian chocolates - yum off the scale delicious-  and a bottle of Belgian beer.  The beer’s called Forbidden Treats, he said, or was it Forbidden Fruits?   I’m embarrassed to tell you I’ve already eaten nearly all of the chocolates. The forbidden treats are waiting for the right moment!

The couple had just driven for two days to get here.  They were tired. We ended the meal with Tiramisu and hugs. 







This morning we met again at the bottom of my track for the handing over of the keys.  The smell of orange blossom is  strong now. The purple irises are in full bloom The golden oriels are back.  A whoopee family flew in front of my car yesterday.


In the process of letting go of the house I created 15 years ago, and really accepting the unknown of what will come, a peace has settled, and already something new and exciting has emerged.  It’s about my art, and a global NGO organisation who would love to use some of my images for ecards.

Meanwhile as I write, the Dutch couple will be spending their first afternoon in Alcazar, meeting Merche and some of the neighbours.

Yes,  the village of Alcazar is  remote and  tiny! It has 68 inhabitants, mas o menos.



This morning I went again to P’s expressive art group.   We did something called Zen- tangling – ‘Zen’ doodling basically.  It’s huge in  the US apparently. 


It was a group collaboration of doodling thoughtfully, as opposed thoughtlessly.  The end result was spectacular.  But more importantly, for me it was all about co -creation.  As always, I think the process is more important than the end product.

Guided by P initially,  5 of us added our marks within a frame work of just a few lines, then kept on adding more marks, more lines, and more doodles until we ran out of time. 

Within some shapes I was able to be wild. So love that feeling. In others I felt like I was stitching things together.




This 'art-play/co creation' has been a kind of graphic metaphor for my new life !

Within a structure not designed by myself (designed by… call it what you like…God, Goddess, All That Is, The Universe… your Higher-self, the name isn’t important), I add my small, or large or wild marks in the making  of a beautiful whole picture, and all along the way, I see and deeply appreciate the marks of the others.




Just after I handed over the keys this morning, I looked up, I don't know why,  and noticed the moon.  It was high in the bright blue sky, right between the Dutch couple. My breath was taken away in a most unexpected way. I felt weak with awe.

Why so?  
I asked Google about todays moon.

She said:

‘The Moon today is in a Waning Crescent phase. 

Astrologically it’s in its  -Third Quarter - which means :   

a time to  complete, revise, realign (best time of the whole year to complete things).'

Nice!

I keep quoting the poet Mary Oliver !

‘Pay attention.  Be astonished.  Tell about it.’

Thank you Mary. I am. 

End of a chapter, 2001-2016. 

And interestingly, my brand new, long awaited Irish passport arrived yesterday! 

So love synchronicity.

 

Thank you for sharing the journey with me.

100.000 blessings to you all.

Besos y  abrazos a tod@s.

 

Thanks to James Fox for the zen-tangle photos, and Google for the bird pics.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's official ! Build Creative Confidence. A holiday course in Spain.

        It's official !    Here's the link to my course at the beautiful Cortijo Romero Center in Andalucia Spain -              February 25th to March  4th 2023.                                                 'Build Creative Confidence '  With the guidance of the marketing manager, we've changed the wording of the Creativity week  I shared with you recently, to fit  more with their  guidelines. It will be a fun and fascinating week because  with all the gifts you will bring with you ...co creation always happens, and we learn lots from each other as a group. There will be a max of 10 people I believe I'm not going to be telling you what to do! I'm planning to open many doors for you by sharing forty years of experimenting, and keeping a drawing dairy for much of that time. https://www.cortijo-romero.co.uk/choose-your-course/courses/?type=&id=2734&name=Building+Creative+Confidence

Stop-Expecting-Too-Much-from-People, Mrs!

At the end of a radio interview when  69 year old , Jewish, Hungarian born Canadian physician  Gabor Mate was asked ‘ is there more love in your life now?’  he paused. ‘I think there is more space in my heart for love,’  he said quietly.  I think  there is more space in our hearts for love when we pass 60. What we do with that space depends on lots of things. And sometimes that space shuts down ! This morning I was deeply disappointed with our village doctor, again. My heart door slammed shut. There seems to be  a Berlin Wall  wall between us. I cannot communicate with him without judging him, severely.   He speaks to me like I'm a teenager with many serious learning challenges. I see in front of me an  arrogant adolescent with mother issues!  LOL !! I thought I'd stopped judging people !! I'm angry that so many folk in our village seem to suffer, month after  month, year after year. Yes I know the  difference between healing and curing.  A kind encourag

Lithuania Calling.

Dear loyal multinational followers, Thank you for keeping on visiting while I've been silent for so many weeks. How does anybody manage a daily blog?? I couldn't. At the moment I've got kittens and chickens and a blind cockerel  to feed, as well as drawings to draw, adventures to live, and so much more. Since starting the blog,  thousands of you  in the US have visited (so love these statistics), and more than five thousand Russians and Ukrainians have looked at my paintings here. Why so many visitors from Russia?  I'm thinking you must be 'resonating' with something in my art , but I doubt many of you are  reading the posts. Of course I could be wrong. I've just discovered my Jewish father's ancestors came from your countries -  Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania and also Poland. What a surprise. Oh bliss and double joy to know this at last!   All my life I'd  had a suspicion about Poland.  Maybe it was just  poetic wishful thinking